Thursday, May 8, 2008

There at the post! There Off!

As I young man I grew up very familiar with this phrase. It was the first words used by famous Woodbine race caller Daryl Wells, as a race began. I was born I believe with a hoof print on my heart. The love of all animals and the horse. I learned to love and respect these majestic and very proud animals very much. I was born into a horse racing family. My father Sheldon Wolfe had a 30 year career training Thoroughbred race horses, based at Woodbine in Toronto. I had the pleasure of working 13 years for my Dad. I was assistant trainer for 10 of those 13 years. I learned a lot. There was a lot of hard work. Lots of thrills, and some heartbreak. But the bottom line is that I had the chance to do something I enjoyed doing for 13 years out of my working life. And if you enjoy your work, it isn't work at all. During the course of this blog. I will share with the readers, the highlights of my time at the track. Also some sad memories that I did experience there. Also I will give praise and remembrance to my favorite horses I had the pleasure of working with. Also as a loyal horse racing fan. I will remember my all time favorite horses that I had the chance to watch race. The name of this blog "Keep Turning Left". Is racetrack jargon. When you walk the horses at the racetrack. You always walk them in a counter clockwise direction. That's why you always turning left. The meaning of this phrase is; nomatter what, you always keep going and never quit!

The writing or pictures from this blog can not be used without written permission, from the author of this blog.

No comments: